Addiction is a battle that millions of individuals of all ages face each year in the United States alone. Enrolling in a detox program is one of the biggest steps you can take when you want to overcome an addiction of any kind. Before you pick a detox program in South Florida that is right for you, it is important to know what each program and treatment facility has to offer. Once you are familiar with detox programs in your area, make a decision that is optimal for you and the needs of your family and loved ones.
Not all detox centers are the same. While some detox centers are temporary and provide emergency medical assistance due to overdosing or adverse effects of quitting a substance “cold turkey”, other detox centers have long-term programs for individuals in need. Inpatient detox centers and rehabilitation facilities often provide programs that last 30, 60, or 90 days depending on the severity of addiction and your individual needs.
Consider Your Needs Before Choosing a Detox Program
Before choosing a detox program in the South Florida area, it is important to consider your needs and the overall severity of your addiction. When you begin searching for a detox program to help overcome your own addiction, there are a few questions to keep in mind prior to settling on a decision such as:
- How severe is my addiction? Am I able to go an entire day without thinking about, craving, or obtaining the substance I am addicted to?
- How long have I had my addiction? Was my addiction always physical or is that a recent development? How long have I had a physical dependence on a substance?
- How has my addiction negatively impacted my current relationships, job, and lifestyle?
- Do I give in to temptation when I am surrounded by drugs and alcohol?
- Am I able to maintain the willpower to attend meetings and an outpatient program on my own without additional inpatient support?
- Will I require aftercare and follow-up resources or meetings to maintain my sobriety?
- Is my addiction extremely dangerous to my body due to my built up tolerance?
- Is it safe for me to quit my addiction on my own without the guidance of medical professionals who specialize in overcoming addiction?
Medically-Monitored Detox Treatments
If you have an addiction that is severe and life-threatening, it is important to seek out a South Florida detox program that offers a medically-monitored detox treatment solution. Medically-monitored detox treatments ensure the safety and health of your body while eliminating a substance altogether while under the care of medical professionals. Many substances that lead to organ damage, seizures, and death require medically-monitored detoxing to prevent potential issues from arising such as:
- Heart attacks
- Heart failure
- Respiratory failure
Inpatient Rehab Facilities
Inpatient rehabilitation facilities are highly advisable for those who struggle with serious addictions to potentially life-threatening drugs and substances. Inpatient rehab centers require you to live in the center itself throughout the entire duration of your program. Living at an inpatient rehab facility offers advantages over attending outpatient programs such as:
- Medically-monitored detox: Ensure the safety and wellbeing of your body with medically-monitored detoxing.
- Individual therapy: Meet daily or weekly with your therapist to discuss the progress of your treatment.
- Group counseling: Spend time connecting with others who live a life of sobriety while feeling less alone and isolated throughout your journey to sobriety.
- Zero-tolerance: Enjoy a zero-tolerance environment to ward off temptation while connecting only with individuals who are not interested in using drugs or alcohol.
- Learn new skills and hobbies: Gain a new appreciation for hobbies and skill-building in a zero-tolerance environment with an inpatient rehab program. Spend time crafting, building, or enjoying physical activities rather than remaining focused on obtaining and using your preferred substances.
- Comaraderie: Enjoy the company of others while making new friends and listening to the struggles and obstacles others in your situation have faced. Learn to better communicate about your addiction while overcoming it for good.
Traditional Outpatient Rehabilitation Solutions
Outpatient rehabilitation programs do not require you to live in a set location, but they do require your participation, especially if the solution is mandated by a court of law. Outpatient rehab programs provide both individual and group therapy sessions which help to maintain the mental and emotional strength necessary to stay sober while steering clear from the temptations of drugs and alcohol. Outpatient programs are also optimal for those who are in need of a sponsor or those who wish to become one themselves.
Follow-Up and Aftercare Resources
After you have completed an inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation program, it is essential to inquire about follow-up and aftercare resources that are available from the treatment facility you have chosen. Aftercare resources are ideal if you are in need of additional support groups, meetings, and even volunteer opportunities. Learn how to steer clear of temptation even once you are back to living on your own and without an intensive inpatient or outpatient program.
Once you are well-versed in detox programs and the type of treatment available in the South Florida area, choose a center or facility that is most beneficial to you. With the right detox program, remain healthy and stable while eliminating dangerous and toxic substances from your body. Choosing the right detox program is a way to begin rebuilding your life without putting yourself at risk by attempting to quit without the proper care and medical guidance. Our counselors are available 24 hours a day and are waiting to hear from you. Call 877-497-6180 to speak directly to one of our counselors and to discover which detox program in the State of Florida is right for you today.